Monday, February 12, 2007

new Anglican Primate

Bishop Mouneer elected President Bishop of the Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East

Dear Friends

I request your prayers for this extra responsibility God has laid on my shoulders. I do feel very inadaquate for this responsibility. I shall need very special grace to be able to fulfill this role from the beginning of May when Bishop Clive our President Bishop retires. I would like to record a word of appreciation and thanks to Bishop Clive for his leadership of the Province. It will not be easy to follow in his steps. He will hand over the Primacy to me on the Wednesday 18th April at a service in All Saints Cathedral, Cairo.

We rejoice to welcome Bishop Derek and Alice Eaton, from New Zealand, back into the Diocese. They have willing agreed to work with me and take some of the burden from my shoulders. Bishop Derek will be installed in All Saints' Cathedral on the 25th February at 6pm. Do remember Derek and Alice in your prayers.

We also rejoice that the Provincial Synod has agreed to start a new Episcopal Area in the Horn of Africa and we now have the mandate to consecrate Canon Andrew Proud, Rector of St. Matthews, Addis Ababa, on the 12th April in Addis Ababa. Pray for Canon Andrew and Janice as they begin this pioneering ministry in the Episcopal Church in Ethiopia.

Rt. Rev. Dr. Mouneer Anis

Bishop of The Episcopal/Anglican Church in Egypt and North Africa with the Horn of Africa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home