Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Futerra

As suggested by Jonathon Porritt, I contacted the Futerra thinktank.

This is the reply I received from Ed Gillespie, a director there.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your email – what do you suggest? Preparing the bunkers and arming ourselves to the teeth?

; )

I share your concerns, and you’re right we need to turn up the heat on people (no pun intended) and cut through the complacency without seeming like rabid doomsdayers (not an easy task)

As Dylan Thomas said ‘Do not go gentle into that good night, rage, rage against the dying of the light’

No easy answers I’m afraid – but yes, we are a bit fooked right now (I’ve been to China)

Yours eternally hopefully (groundless hope like unconditional love being the only type worth having)

Ed

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Transitional towns sound ineresting. The concept is certainly aiming to put a positive spin on preparing for peak oil and climate change.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home