Monday, November 13, 2006

gingerbread and other lessons

Today we have mostly been making gingerbread.

B had a bit of a tummy upset on Sunday so, according to the letter of the rules, couldn't go to school today - even though she was right as rain and twice as forward. I guess it makes sense as it could quickly pass through the school. So we have been jigsaw-ing, gingerbread baking, reading and radio listening. I cut the gingerbread a bit thick, so it ended up more like German gingerbread than like the gingerbread men you get in Gregs. Still, not a bad first try.

Towards the end of the day, I felt a bit guilty so she also did a couple of subtraction and literacy worksheets I found kicking about in the nether regions of the internet. She was quite excited about it in a six-year-old-and-like-going-to-school kind of a way.

Just now she sat me down and told me she had something very important to tell me. 'Do you know the Ten Commandments?' she asked accusingly.

'Well, yes,' I said, 'but why don't you remind me?'

She then whipped out her children's bible and proceeded to zip through the first six.

Then she paused and looked me in the eye. 'And here is one especially for you, Daddy' she said, pointing to the words in the book.

It said something like 'Husbands and wives must keep their special love for each other.'

'There you go,' she said, wagging her finger, 'you need to stop arguing at Mummy all the time. It isn't good enough is it, huh?'

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I can just imagine little B. :D Can't imagine where she gets it from, though!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I guess I ought to point out that she has been driving me up the wall for a while and especially over the weekend.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home