Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Marxism

Taking a break from learning Advent lessons, I can across this letter from Groucho Marx to Warner Brothers. WB had claimed that the Marx film A Night in Casablanca had a title too similar to their own Casablanca

I just don’t understand your attitude. Even if you plan on releasing your picture, I am sure that the average movie fan could learn in time to distinguish between Ingrid Bergman and Harpo. I don’t know whether I could, but I certainly would like to try.


Classic.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Tricky one, that, telling Ingrid Bergman and Harpo Marx apart.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A young man told me in church last Sunday that his wife was expecting. I admitted that at Holy Communion I had noticed a bump, but hadn't liked to comment.
"Ah,", he said, "like Groucho Marx on a train. He would rather make a pregnant woman stand than a fat one cry!".

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home