Thursday, February 14, 2008

book tag

Dave Keen tagged me with one of these silly blog things:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five other people.


Which seems pretty harmless.

Question: what is the point of 3?

OK, I'm going to assume we are posting the fifth, sixth and seventh sentences from page 123.

Kitty did not say a word of this; she spoke only of her state of mind.
'I have no troubles whatever,' she said when she had grown calm - 'but can you understand that everything has become horrid, disgusting and course to me, and above all I myself? You can't think what horrid thoughts I have about everything.'
'But what horrid thoughts can you have?' asked Dolly smiling.

I'm not sure what that is supposed to prove. Special prize to anyone who can identify the novel, which as a hint was not written in English.

Anyway, I don't really go for this tagging malarkey, but to play along, I tag Karin, Benjamin, Scott, Jamie and there is space for anyone else who wants to be tagged. Don't all jump at once.

I'm guessing most of those aren't going to bother, having more important things to do. Still, all their blogs are worth a look.

Meanwhile, in case you've been wondering where I am, I have been blogging about our local diet here and also writing regular articles for the celsias blog here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Done.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina. The first half of which I once slogged my way through, many years ago.

What's my prize?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Meanie. I bet you used Google.

I quite like it - although it is a bit like watching a car crash where you can't do anything to stop people's lives unravelling.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I'll have to think of an appropriate prize, Benjamin.

12:13 AM  
Blogger scott redding said...

The book is "American Dream" by Norman Mailer. The book is so good, I'm going to quote it here:

"I passed through the living room, that hateful living room of champagne-colored settees and champagne paper on the walls, another of Deborah's flings with a decorator, sulver-gray, pale-green, cream, all the colours of face powder, the arbitrary palette of elegance. I had always felt like Deborah's footman sitting in that room. My fist was clenched."

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home