Friday, June 13, 2008

fear

I was thinking the other day what it would be like to have another child. Eight years ago, the prospect of the birth of my daughter was a major fear. It was really scary.

Today, I have conquered that fear. I'm not scared by the idea of having another child. Bringing up our daughter has been annoying, tiring, headache-inducing, boring - but mostly it has been fun, liberating, funny, educational and good. She turned our world upside-down, and we discovered it was better that way up.

We're soon to be having a party. An animal-fancy-dress party. I'm going to be a stick insect. She has it all planned out.

That's my girl.

*proud beam*

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

She was a credit to you last time I saw her, Joe, and I'm sure she still is. :)

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home