Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Larry Norman



Thing is that Larry Norman was not a great singer, not really a great songwriter. He was not particularly successful, went through a couple of marriages and spent the last few years in and out of hospital - largely forgotten.

But y'know, his songs had an unusual power. He had an amazing way with words. He said things that nobody else was saying in the clean-necked church of his day.



I don't believe in politics whilst the masses stay unfed.
Until the leaders change priorities and supply the poor with bread.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I wondered, and now I see from facebook that he has died. I know he'd been ill a long time.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

Joe--thank you for posting this. I've not previously been introduced to Mr. Norman's music. I like it. "Powerful", as you put it.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home