Monday, September 22, 2008

church

Yesterday was the best church experience I've had for years.

On Saturday I met up with a group from Servants to hear about their plans for work in Southwark, London. It was a good day, I really appreciated having the opportunity to meet up with them. In the process, I met our friends' son. He is having a difficult time at the moment. Anyway, I found out that he enjoyed juggling, so on Sunday I brought my clubs to church thinking that maybe we could do some practising together.

Anyway, as we arrived, it turned out that there had been some conflict in our friend's house that morning so the son wasn't coming to church. So I asked if I could go and juggle with him at home.

Which I did. I avoided church altogether, spent half an hour juggling and half an hour walking through the Coventry suburbs in silence. And the world felt good for a few minutes.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

Dude,

that is seriously fracking awesome.

I skip church every week now, and that beautiful beautiful feeling of not going still hasn't let up, after well over a year.


I can juggle 3 bean bags. Do you think there's any hope for me with clubs?

12:33 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Sure Benjamin. Juggling is simply about persistence and learning to fail. You just pick the balls up and keep trying.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home